Sunday, September 25, 2016

TRAVEL - Going to the Keys? Better be prepared for the wild traffic.


Everyone I have ever met have either been to the Keys on a vacation or are hoping to go there at some time in the future.

I have been to the Keys several times over the past. I have stayed in hotels right on Duval Street, I have stayed in a nice Bed and Breakfast, and more recently, I have been down here in my RV motorhome for longer stays in nice campgrounds located in the upper Keys.



The one thing every visitor needs to realize is the fact that the famous Overseas Highway is for the most part a two-lane road. Oh sure, it has areas where it is two-lane with a center turn lane, and a few places where it is a dual highway.

But for the most part, it's an old two-lane road with pretty much all of the available; hotels, condos, restaurants, Tiki bars, marinas, and other stores line up right on US-1 itself.

So, if you're coming down, be prepared to handle the traffic and deal with your fellow tourists.

Click on the link below to read my HubPage article where I explain how to handle this uniques traffic situation;

How to handle the traffic in the Keys